Thursday, October 2, 2014

Heading back to Glenwood!

I am grateful to Mrs. Katie Carter,  McDowell County educator, who has invited me to come speak to the  third graders at Glenwood Elementary School on December 1, 2014.  This is my second visit to this wonderful place.  In January, 2014, I spent the day with students in grades 2-6 for an Author Day.  I shared the writing process with those students and how it related to writing, "My Days with Nell."

After speaking with Mrs. Carter, I have decided for this visit I will share information based on the research I did while writing the book.  Glenwood Elementary's  third graders will be visiting the Vanderbilt Home during the first week of December and hopefully my visit will get them excited about their trip... as if that were needed. :0)  The "House" will be decorated for Christmas  and I'm sure as in previous years, will be gorgeous.

I am excited about this opportunity and look forward to sharing historical information and wonderful Vanderbilt Christmas traditions with these students.   CAN'T WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment