Sunday, October 5, 2014

Going back to my "Home" school...

Thanks to a sweet invitation from Ms. Deeana Ray, third grade educator, I'm going back to visit my "Home" school. Hopefully during the first few days of December 2014, I will be visiting the third graders at West Marion Elementary School. I worked there for over 20 years as Office Coordinator and have so many friends that I look forward to seeing again.

Mrs. Ray's students will be visiting the Biltmore Estate on December 11, 2014 for a field trip.  The house will be beautifully decorated for Christmas for their adventure.  Wonder how many Christmas trees will be decorated at the estate  this year?  Last year, there were 56 in the four acre house alone!  I know the wonderful staff at the "House" will make them feel welcomed with warm hospitality.

I love to speak to students at the elementary level about the traditions and research I did while writing, "My Days with Nell."  Mrs. Ray invited me to go with her class to my favorite place in this world and I will have to check my calendar... but am honored at her invitation. But either way, Biltmore... they're coming!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment