Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Glenwood Elementary School Author Day


      
           Today I had the privilege of having an Author Day at Glenwood Elementary School for students in grades 2-5.  Glenwood Elementary holds a very special place in my heart. It is the school my son attended as a young child and where my husband worked for many years as a PE teacher.  It is also the first place I worked when hired by McDowell County as a teacher assistant for Rose Bradley. 
     
           My deepest appreciation is extended to Mrs. Caitlin Proffitt.  She is an exceptional media coordinator, a wonderful professional.  She made me feel "at home" and helped me with the technological issues of my presentation. She was a source of encouragement and kindness to me.  I thank you, Mrs. Caitlin for making my day run so smoothly. You are awesome!
              
            I am constantly amazed at the students of McDowell County  Schools.  These Glenwood Dragon students were considerate and polite, which is a direct reflection of their parents and their teachers. Speaking of their teachers... these wonderful folks stayed with me, encouraged me, and made me feel so special to be among them. I loved seeing Mrs. Katie Carter, Ms. Leslie Hester, Mrs. Beth Silver, Mrs. Melissa Street, Mrs. Kathy Kaylor, Mrs. Dana Brewer, Mrs. Amanda Gaddy and many others that went out of their way to make me feel welcomed. 
           
            I sincerely appreciate, Mrs. Amy Dowdle, who took time out of her busy schedule to come and listen to one of my presentations. It meant the world to me.  From what I understand, that is typical of her as an administrator . .  she takes a "hands on" approach and loves to engage with the students and it is apparent that she is loved by them.

            Having worked in the office at West Marion for over twenty years, I have a special appreciation for the "office girls".  Thanks to Carol, Andrea and Wanda for always loving me. I really enjoyed seeing you and eating lunch with you today. You girls are the best!
               
           Today was a wonderful day.  Tomorrow is Old Fort Elementary and then on to Nebo! I can’t wait to meet some more of McDowell’s finest educators and students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment