Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What An Amazing Day!

                                    
Today I had the honor of visiting the students at Pleasant Gardens Elementary School.  Although we had a two hour delay due to inclement weather, that didn't stop us! Thanks to the quick thinking and scheduling of a wonderful media coordinator, Mrs. Jennifer Miller, I was able to see all the students in grades 2-6.  Those young ladies and gentlemen were awesome! They listened attentively, asked superb questions,  and were on their best behavior. I could not have asked for better students!  I am especially grateful to Mrs. Miller for staying with me, encouraging me, assisting me with the technology for my PowerPoint and granting me the use of her media center. She is an outstanding educator and made me feel "at home." I felt in some ways I was back home.  This is the elementary school that I attended as a child. It is the school that my mother, father and brother and most of my relatives attended.  The fact that I have such fond memories of my days at Pleasant Gardens Elementary School made today even more special. Visiting these young people blessed my soul; I loved sharing "My Days with Nell" with them. I tried to encourage them to try new things and to leave a legacy they will be proud of one day. It really was an amazing day for me...I hope the students learned something about the writing process and had fun discussing all things Biltmore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment