Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Early Dismissal at Glenwood Elementary's "Author Day"

     Well . . . We got one class in today before the snow came. The sixth graders at Glenwood Elementary were awesome this morning . . .  so attentive and respectful! The teachers assured me their students would be on their best behavior and they were absolutely right.   They asked intelligent and thoughtful questions regarding the Biltmore House. I was informed by one of the sixth grade teachers that her students will be writing their autobiographies soon.  Won't that be a wonderful keepsake for their families?  I hope some of the information I shared with them concerning the writing process will be helpful as they begin writing their personal stories.
    McDowell County is blessed with great educators. That statement is proved over and over to me each time I visit our elementary schools. Mrs. Caitlin Proffitt, media coordinator,  was so kind, helpful and encouraging. After receiving approval from Mrs. Amy Dowdle, Principal,  we will try and reschedule a date to finish the other classes in grades 2-5; hopefully, it will be in the next two or three weeks. Even though our day was cut short by inclement weather, I still enjoyed my "Author Day" at  Glenwood Elementary this morning and look forward to returning soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment