Thursday, December 12, 2013

Author Day at Marion Elementary!

What a great day at Marion Elementary School; I had the best time! Today I had the pleasure of presenting my book, "My Days with Nell" with students in grades 2-6.  They were extremely respectful and well behaved. The students listened intently and asked  pertinent questions at appropriate times.  I enjoyed sharing some of the Christmas traditions of the Vanderbilts as well as the North Carolina Common Core Writing Process I used in writing my book. I am especially grateful to Mrs. Mace, Media Coordinator, for her technical expertise and staying with me and encouraging me all day. She is just precious and so warm and welcoming... felt like I had known her for years. :)  I would also like to thank, Tammy Washburn, fourth grade teacher, who was kind enough to invite me to share my love for the Biltmore House with others. I loved visiting with some sweet friends, Mrs. Diane Ray, Mrs. Jody Johnson, Mrs. Sherry Truesdell and Miss Chrissy Parker. I've known each of these ladies for years... it was so nice to see them and "catch up."   I know the fourth graders will be going to the"House" on the 17th; I hope they find all 56 beautifully decorated trees during their visit and I hope our time this morning will excite them about their upcoming trip. The "Author Day' I spend with elementary students is so special to me and these kids were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment