Tuesday, October 15, 2013

New Cover Is On The Way... Almost! :)

The wonderful folks at the Biltmore Estate graciously blessed us with permission to use their trademark image of the beautiful Biltmore House on the  original printing of "My Days with Nell."  Now that those copies are almost  gone,  it is time to redesign the cover. I certainly did not want to lose the original drawing of Nell, Lilly and Ellen Jorith looking at the home of George Vanderbilt.  I thought it was gorgeous and was the image I saw in my mind when I was writing the book. But, I have kept my word and am extremely grateful to Biltmore for their generous gesture. I met with my talented friend, Virginia Palmer, who did the original artwork for our book. I absolutely love her to pieces! She is so sweet and listened intently to make sure that she would create artwork to match my imagination.  And that's not easy! Last Friday, I saw her initial drawing and I loved it.  I'm happy to report that it should be done in a few days! As soon as it is complete, I will have it scanned and deliver it to Micki Cabaniss Eutsler at Grateful Steps Foundation, LLC.  It will take a day or so to upload our book but then it will be on the way to the printer. Our target date for the receipt of books from the second printing is Thanksgiving week. I can't wait for you all to see the new cover.  I hope you will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment